The following are key deliverables of this programme:
- A series of stand alone training and supporting resources on "bandwidth optimisation and management"
- Workshop materials on "Bandwidth optimisation and management" that include; administrative documents, presentations, facilitator's notes and guidelines, exercises, background reading, etc.
- A collaborative workshop materials development process involving multiple parties.
- A pilot "Bandwidth optimisation and management" national level workshop in a selected African country (provisionally Zambia at this stage). The duration of the entire workshop will be between 3 and 5 days.
- Follow on national level workshops in 8 countries (Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe) - to be supported by IDRC.
- Follow on local or institutional level workshops in 9 institutions (institutions and countries to be agreed in light of local demand) - workshops in Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania and Bolivia to be supported by VLIR.
- One regional Francophone African workshop based on the national level workshop format. This workshop will include participants from Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Congo and at least one other country - to be supported by IDRC.
- Online publication of all workshop materials and programme outcomes within the ItrainOnline portal.
These deliverables may be expanded as the programme develops.