Electronic Journals and Electronic Resources Library Management
This workshop is designed as a 5 day hands-on workshop with a mixture of presentations, computer based hands-on exercises, small group work and discussions. However, all of the modules used in the workshop are designed to be stand alone and so could be put together in any combination that was felt to be appropriate. The workshop and its materials are designed to accompany the PERI programme but can be used outside of this.
- To introduce participants to the full range of electronic journals and scholarly databases available online
- To demonstrate the range of electronic resources available to participants of the PERI programme
- To provide hands-on experience on using and accessing the range of electronic resources available as part of the PERI programme
- To introduce and review the implementation activities associated with the resources available though the PERI programme
- To examine copyright and licensing implications for electronic journal and scholarly database usage
- To develop ideas, strategies and policies for electronic resource and journal management within a University library environment
All of the materials for running this workshop are freely available to download and use - please read our copyright and conditions of use statements first. We do ask you to complete a simple registration form (so that we can track usage and interest in these materials). We are also very keen to hear from people who have used or are thinking of using the materials - all are most welcome.
A full breakdown of the modules available as part of this workshop is also available.
- Download workshop materials - these materials have been updated 27 January 2004.
The materials are available in English, Russian, French, Spanish and Portuguese.